More and more people are flocking towards the extra photographic abilities that can be found in digital SLR cameras. Being able to manually adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO seems to be the new challenge that many previous instamatic digital camera owners, yearn for. Most digital SLR capture photos at higher resolutions which means that memory cards for these beasts need to be bigger and faster.
At the highest echelons of memory cards, sits the Sandisk Extreme IV compact flash range. In years past, pricing kept this range reserved mostly for the professional photographer. Now with advances in memory card manufacturing, the savings have been past down so that almost anyone who wants an ultra fast compact flash card, can afford one.
With a blindingly fast read/write speed of up to 40MB/second (4GB & 8GB) and 45MB/second (16GB) and a remarkably rugged design, the SanDisk Extreme IV CompactFlash memory card takes digital photography to a whole new level. No wonder professional photographers around the world have made SanDisk their preferred choice for high performance, reliability, and proven durability.
Features of the Sandisk Extreme IV Compact Flash:
- Industry-leading choice
- Professional grade capacity and speed
- UDMA enabled — turbocharge your data transfer rates without draining your device”s processor
- Quality tested under the harshest temperature, shock & vibration conditions
- Add a FireWire Reader (sold separately) to further accelerate your workflow
- Priority technical support online/via telephone
- Built-in trust with a limited lifetime warranty*
I’ve got a Sandisk Extreme IV Compact Flash working beautifully with my Canon 5D Mark II. As more and more digital SLRs with video recording capability come out, fast write speeds will become increasingly importantly especially if they record 1080p HD like the Mark II.
I highly recommend this range.