Last year, we were fortunate enough to get the scoop on new Alienware gaming machines to hit down under. Even back then I was amazed at the sheer processing power of these gaming brutes.
A few weeks ago we received shipment of the ridiculously spec’d Alienware Aurora Desktop that was going to be given away as part of the Alienware Clan Challenge and decided to do it some justice by putting together an unboxing video review.
Please take note the unit that we reviewed was a fully geared up unit that’s valued at around AU$6,000. Don’t worry if you don’t have that much cash to splash on a gaming rig, as the basic config Alienware Aurora starts at around AU$2,299.
What makes this PC so special? Just check out the list of features below for some technological enlightenment:
Alienware Aurora Specifications:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 – 950 3.06GHz
- Memory: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz
- HDD: 300GB 10,000 RPM WD Velociraptor
- GPU: 2GB DDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5970
- Mouse: Laser Mouse TactX
- Keyboard: Keyboard TactX
- Wireless: Dell 1505 Wireless-N PCIe Card (802.11 a/b/g/n compliant)
- Alienware OptX 23” AW2310 Monitor
Who will benefit:
Enthusiast and hardcore PC gamers that require a desktop with high upgradability options, a high performance ID, occupying a moderate amount of desk space, and a lower budget in mind .
- Processor: The Aurora offers Intel® CoreTM i7 CPUs with an option for an Extreme Edition, factory-overclocked, speed of 3.6GHz, for incredible HD video and audio editing performance, 3D animation and high-end PC gaming computations.
- Graphics: Experience immersive gaming with Multi-GPU support including dual graphics cards with NVIDIA® SLI® or ATI CrossFireXTM technologies for increased gaming graphics performance over single GPU systems.
- Memory: Take multitasking to the creative professional level with up to 24GB of 1333MHz DDR3 dual triple-channel memory1.
- Storage Capacity: Keep your years of collected games, full-length movies, music, and photos with massive storage options for up to 4 SATA drives in various high performance and data security configurations like RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 1+0.
- Alienware Command Center: The Alienware Command Center is an exclusive software package, created by the Alienware software development team, that provides access to Alienware created programs. • Design: Designed from the inside out, the strategic layout of the internal components and the sleek exterior curves, the Aurora represents a step towards the new desktop chassis design language gamers will definitely be engaged in.
We hope you enjoy the vid Please consider liking and subscribing to our channel (mrgadgetoz).
Alienware Aurora Unboxing Video: