Using the latest version of the Microsoft Explorer Mouse is like watching your child grow up – it’s nice. They get bigger, better and smarter (with good parenting). I remember ordering my first Microsoft Explorer Mouse way back in 2000 and at that time it was a wired version.
BlueTrack Technology Works
Almost 10 years later, here it is again this time with some major changes and improvements. For one, the Microsoft Explorer Mouse now comes with BlueTrack technology which allows the mouse to successfully traverse and be used on such surfaces as wood, glass and plastic. I’ve even tried this on my marble kitchen benchtop and it worked fine!
I found the design was slightly wider than other mice on the market. I don’t mind this as it means it fits in my hands better which makes it more comfortable to use for long periods of time. The internet browsing buttons for the thumb are smaller than what they used to be but this does not negatively affect their use.
Blue Light Bling
One of my favorite features of the mouse, is the cool blue light that lines the undercover. I can’t help but be reminded of the rice-burner cars in Fast and the Furious. Since I can’t add neons underneath my Honda Civic Hybrid, I’ll live my dreams via my mouse! (kinda sad I know)
Features of the Microsoft Explorer Mouse
- Easy Charging – The battery status indicator tells you when a quick recharge is needed. The compact, stable recharging base is easy to use.
- Reliable Wireless on the Go – Microsoft 2.4 GHz wireless and the snap-in mini-transceiver deliver a reliable connection with up to a 30-foot range.
- Sophisticated Design and Comfort – The glowing blue light effects and comfortable curved surfaces set your mouse apart.
- Go Anywhere – Microsoft Blue Track Technology combines the power of optical with the precision of laser for remarkable tracking on more surfaces.
Technical Details of the Microsoft Explorer Mouse
- Brand Name: Microsoft
- Model: 5AA-00001
- Hardware Platform: PC, Mac
- Input Device: Mouse
- Form Factor: External
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Movement Detection: Optical
- Minimum system requirements: Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Apple MacOS X 10.2 or later
- Width: 3.1 inches
- Depth: 4.6 inches
- Height: 1.8 inches
- Weight: 5.4 Ounces
- Warranty: 3 years warranty
You can order your very own Microsoft Explorer Mouse here.