Only a few days ago, Google announced its latest flagship Android smartphone, the Nexus 6, and it’s a beauty. The main features of the Nexus 6 are the new bigger six-inch Quad HD screen, huge 3220 mAh lithium ion battery, 13 megapixel camera with OIS, dual front speakers and of course Android Lollipop. I love the curved back design and the big bold camera placement on the back.
The new Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order later this month. This time around it’s got some very stiff competition from Apple with the iPhone 6 currently dominating the charts. For Android enthusiasts, this will be a no brainer especially if you’ve got a Nexus 4 or older device. I may just trade in my Samsung Galaxy S5 to get one of these before Christmas! Will be the perfect partner obviously with Google Glass.
Google Motorola Nexus 6 Press Release
At Motorola we’ve been big believers in Android since the very beginning. We love its power, its flexibility, and how it gives you the freedom to choose the experience that’s right for you. In fact, the only thing that would be better than Android is…more Android. That’s why we’re so excited to have been able to work with Google’s Android team to bring you the new Nexus 6, featuring Android 5.0 Lollipop.
With Nexus 6, we’ve worked with Google to bring you a bigger phone with more everything. More screen. More speed. More power. And, it’s the best Android experience ever with:
- More room to view: With a six-inch Quad HD display, Nexus 6 is great for watching, reading, playing and doing.
- More doing, less charging: An around-the-clock 3220 mAh battery gets you through your day and more. Plus, the included Motorola Turbo Charger gives you a quick burst of power when your battery needs it the most. All it takes is 15 minutes to get up to an additional 6 hours of battery life.
- More epic shots: The 13 megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilisation and HDR+ lets you take your best possible photos with the least possible effort.
- More sound in stereo: With dual front-facing stereo speakers, you’ll get an immersive stereo sound that is great for experiencing music, movies and games as you should.
- More with Lollipop: Nexus 6 comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop – a sweet new take on Android. Android Lollipop introduces Material Design so that content responds to your touch, or even your voice, in more intuitive ways, and transitions between tasks are more fluid. Plus, new call and message notifications allow you to act on (or dismiss) them without interrupting what you’re doing.
Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order through the Google Play Store in late October. There are two colours to choose from – Midnight Blue or Cloud White – and two memory options – 32GB and 64GB. Nexus 6 will also be available through retail stores across Australia and New Zealand in November 2014. Check with local retailers for specific model, price and availability. In all, including Australia and New Zealand – Nexus 6 will come to 28 countries across Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America starting later this year and as we head into Q1.
More Android All Around
It’s no secret we love Android. That’s why every one of our Moto phones is built on a foundation of pure Android – it’s easier to use, delivers amazing performance and lets you choose how you want to use your phone. So we have more sweet Android news to share…
Once Android 5.0 Lollipop is officially released, we intend to bring this latest upgrade to many of our other Motorola devices, as well. This includes Moto X (1st & 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G with 4G LTE and Moto E. We’re still working out the details on timing and the upgrade depends on our partners’ support so stay tuned to our software upgrades page for the latest and greatest.
For further information visit www.motorola.com