I’ve been playing with the Creative Sound Blaster E3 portable amplifier for a couple of weeks and I’m surprised at how attached I’ve become to this little understated gadget! The sound boost that the Creative E3 Amplifier delivers is quite amazing!
Volume and music quality boost
I live in the very busy capital of Asia, Hong Kong, and everyone knows that it’s naturally noisy. My daily commute involves either buses or trains and it’s very often hard to talk on the phone amidst the cacophony of bustling crowds and traffic. I found the Creative Sound Blaster E3 gave me exactly what I needed – a volume boost! Not only am I now able to hear phone calls a whole easier but the added bonus is that the quality of music has also improved with the Maxim MAX97220 chip.
Portable size with a very practical clip
The small size and weight of the Creative E3 makes it perfect for traveling. It shows that whoever designed the Creative E3, was thinking about their target users – they knew it would be mostly smartphone users who would be irked by the thought of carrying another gadget. Besides its diminutive size, the clip on the Creative Sound Blaster E3 makes it even more practical to use. One can clip it to their shirt, belt or bag, which makes it feel like you’re not carrying another device at all!
Creative E3 Amplifier Specifications:
- NFC connectivity
- Line in jack
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, supporting HFP with HD voice and A2DP with AAC, aptX and aptX-Low Latency
- Inbuilt microphone
- Fastfoward and rewind button
- Volume control button
- Micro-USB charging
- Light and portable
- Clip built-in
- High performance 32-bit Microcontroller supporting with USB interface and USB OTG (Microchip PIC32MX series)
- High performance 32-bit DAC with 112dB SNR (T1 PCM5122)
- 2 x Headphone amplifier (Maxim MAX97220 capable of driving 600 Ohm headphones)
What I liked about the Creative Sound Blaster E3 Portable Amplifier:
- Increased quality and volume with music and phone call audio
- Light and portable device
- Inbuilt clip that allows user to clip on shirt, pocket or bag
- 4 ways to connect: wirelessly, USB DAC, digital USB and analog
- 2 x headphone output ports to share music experience with another person or device
How the Creative E3 Sound Blaster Portable Amplifier could be improved:
- Device could be thinner and lighter
- Battery life could be better – currently 8 hours of music play
- Digital display to show track name and incoming phone call details
In summary, the Creative Sound Blaster E3 is a nifty and useful little gadget for both audiophiles and people who just want a louder, better quality audio experience. Perfect gift just in time for Christmas too!
Visit the Creative Sound Blaster E3 Web Page