I’ve been playing with Creative Labs’ Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth Headphones and I’ve grown quite fond of them because of its light-weight form factor and for keeping my ears warm during the cold snaps in Hong Kong. If you’re looking for a great value set of bluetooth headphones that won’t cost you an arm and a leg but will still provide 12 hours of quality sound, the Creative Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth Headphones are for you!
It’s the subtle aspects of the Creative Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth headphones that make it appealing – things like the rounded triangle shapes that form each ear piece and the silver clasps give it a modern yet inconspicuous look. Probably why professionals and the less showy will love these.
For under $100, you get great audio on the WP-380 headphones. I found there was greater emphasis with higher sound ranges but bass still provided punch to enjoy my favorite R&B tunes. The comfortable earcups were large enough to cover most of my ears (I have big ears) and further augment sound quality by adding physical noise-cancellation.
Bluetooth setup and call function
I setup the Creative WP380 headphones with my iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5S and MacBook Pro 15″ Retina and each time my experience was consistent – it was a breeze! Took seconds using just ONE button. The pair button also works as the play and voice call / Siri button. Speaking about voice calls, I found that conversations weren’t as clear as compared to dedicated mobile bluetooth headsets. You can still have a conversation, but in windy conditions, I had people complain that I sounded muffled.
Charging and Battery Life
The WP380s will give you approximately 12 hours worth of music play time. For me, this is perfect as it translates to around a week’s worth of music as a I commute to and from work in bustling Hong Kong. It has a micro USB charge port which will be handy if you have a phone that also uses the same type of charge cable. Creative say that you can talk for around 14 hours on the WP380 on a full charge.
Main features of the Creative Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth Headphones:
- Drivers: 34mm Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 18Hz ~ 22kHz
- Impedance: 32ohms
- Wireless Technology: Bluetooth v3.0
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP (HD Voice ready)
- Audio Codec: aptX, AAC, FastStream*, mSBC, SBC
- Content Protection: SCMS-T
- Operating Frequency: 2402 ~ 2480 MHz
- Operating Range: Up to 10m / 33ft
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, 3.7V, 430mAh
- Charge via USB: 5VDC, 500mA
- Charge time: 2 hours
- Play time: 12 hours
- Talk time: 14 hours
- Net Weight: 150g / 5.3oz
What I liked most about the Creative Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth Headphones:
- Lightweight at 150g which is slightly heavier than an iPhone
- Easy setup for both normal bluetooth pairing and using NFC. Just one button required
- Sound quality – very crisp treble and decent bass
- Mobile handsfree voice call capability
- Voice-call / Siri activation
- Micro USB charge port
- Audio cable in case you run out of battery
- Persistent bluetooth connection with zero lag
- Leather ear cushion cover
- Comfortable to wear, especially in cold climates – keeps ears warm
- Great value for money
What I would improved on the Creative Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth Headphones:
- Make the WP-380 foldable
- Increase bass range
- Decrease weight of the WP-380 headphones
- Microphone sensitivity stronger
For sub-$100, the Creative Hitz WP-380 Bluetooth Headphones are superb quality!
Mr.Gadget Score: 8/10
Well done Creative Labs!
No tags for this post.