It’s going to be an extremely exciting week in the smartphone world with the much anticipated announcement of the next increment to Samsung’s most popular line of Android devices – the Samsung Galaxy S4. Samsung has done well to keep most secrets under wraps, however, as with most smartphones about to be unveiled, there’s a swag load of rumors that are floating around the Internet about it.
To help those of you who find it hard to keep up with all the Samsung Galaxy S4 rumors, I’ve put together a summary of what you’ll find on the web right now. As to their accuracy, well, that will be determined this March 14th when Samsung officially announces the Samsung Galaxy S4 in New York.
- Plastic body and aluminium edges
- 4.99 inch HD display, 1920 x 1080
- OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen
- Eightcore ARM v7 1.7GHz – Exynos 5 Octa processor based on four Cortex A15 cores at 1.8 GHz and four Cortex A7 cores at 1.2GHz with tri-core PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- Eye-tracking features – Smart scroll and smart pause
- 13 Megapixel Camera (4128 x 3096 pixels, 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Camera uses same sensor as Sony Xperia Z
- Targeting 100 million units to be sold in 2013
- Comes in white and black
- Three internal storage options : 16, 32 and 64
- Blocking mode – Do not disturb
- New version of Touchwiz
- 440 ppi screen sharp text and images
- Gorilla Glass 3
- Li-iOn 2600 mAh Battery
- Bluetooth 4
- FM Radio
- 5G Wifi (802.11 ac WiFi)
- Wireless charging
Personally, with the list above, there’s nothing that super excites me. It seems like most other Android and iOS devices these days – upgrades to already existing technology. Probably the only new function to catch my eye (you’ll see why this is funny) is the eye-tracking functionality. Apparently Samsung’s new interface will track one’s eye for display scrolling and pausing videos if you’re not looking at it. This should be interesting to see in action.
Most people I’ve spoken to, have also expressed concerns over the 5″ screen display saying that’s it’s too big and that Samsung should have kept the size to the current Samsung Galaxy S3.
Since the Dell Axim I’ve always been a fan of 5″ displays / form factors, so I for one, am excited to see all the above components packed into this size. From the looks of it, I think it will easily overtake the Sony Xperia Z as 2013′s best Android.
Here’s Samsung Mobile’s teaser video from Youtube:
Are there any rumors I missed? Are you thinking of getting one? Comment below
Samsung Galaxy S4 Useful Links:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Leather Case by Aranez
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Leather Case Design Notes by Aranez
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Leather Case Press Release