If you have some extremely good ones that you think should get a shout out, please put it in the comments. I’d like to see what you guys think of it too.
Top 10 Things I Like About iOS 7
- Control Centre – the absence of something like this on iOS to date has been one of my biggest gripes I’ve had with the OS. I know it’s been on Android for ages. However the fact that Apple has designed the pop up so efficiently with exactly all the functions I wanted with the addition of other handy apps like flashlight, calculator and timer/clock has put a smile back on my face.
- Spotlight Ability Search – it’s now a lot easier to trigger the Spotlight search function. Instead of swiping all the way back to the first screen, it’s now a matter of swiping down from anywhere on the Home screen.
- Email Changes – I like the new layout and feel of the mail app in iOS 7 especially the swipe to the left to delete. Previously you would have to open up the mail then choose the delete option.
- Viewing List of Apps Open – really appreciating the horizontal layout of active/open apps and the display of the app in action to provide a visual reminder of what you were last doing in the app
- Multi-Closing of Open Apps – after double tapping the Home button to view apps that are running, to close them is just a matter of selecting one or up to three and dragging your fingers up. No need to find a little close button
- Facetime Audio – Kind of defeats the purpose of the name, but FaceTime Audio make sense especially for people who are on the run or taking calls in questionable places such as the…toilet (I don’t do this)…or when they want a bit of privacy. I’m pretty sure this will have a negative impact to current IP voice providers like Skype and Viber.
- Look and Feel – Some people loathe the new flattened, more colorful design of iOS 7, but I like it because it gives it a contemporary feel and a little change is always good.
- Setup Smoothness – I was going to say quick, but an hour to do a major update is quite a lot of time in our day and age. Along with over 150 million Apple device owners across the globe, I upgraded on the day it was available in the AppStore and without any major issues. All my apps were there as well as my contacts. I did lose my messages in Whatsapp though, but that was it.
- New Sounds and Ringtones – Call me a nerd or whatever, but I’ve always been intrigued by ringtones and smartphone sounds. I’ll never forget getting my first Nokia with polymorphic ringtones…. With iOS 7, besides the new aesthetics, Apple also provide new ringtones and sounds.
- Personal Hotspot is easier to access – It’s now easier and faster to turn your hotspot on and off. I can understand how Apple didn’t want to make this TOO easy to access and add to the Control Centre (e.g. accidentally enabling when overseas is expensive!) – the majority of people don’t use it. I do though and I’m grateful for the change.
There you go, my top 10 iOS 7 likes! Tell us yours in the comments below!Tags: Apple, Apple iOS 7, iOS, ios 7, ios 7 review