See I told you I’m not just a Canon fanboy! Even though I’ve used Canon for most of my life and normally avoid talking to Nikon users (kidding), I’m very impressed with what Nikon have produced with their newest full-frame camera, the Nikon D800.
comes out pumped up with a vengeance especially with the huge huge 36.3 megapixel capability on this camera. See the video below by @digialrev on how it performs in real life. However I must say, it’s not the prettiest filly in the stable….
Nikon D800 Digital SLR Specifications compared to D700:
- 36.3MP CMOS sensor (compared to 12.1MP)
- 15.3MP DX-format capture mode (compared to 5MP)
- 51-point AF system with 15 cross-type sensors, rated to -2EV* (compared to -1EV)
- ISO 100-6400 extendable to ISO 25,600 equiv (compared to ISO 200-6400, extendable to ISO 12,800)
- 1080p video at 30, 25 or 24 frames per second, up to 24Mbps, with uncompressed HDMI output and audio monitoring options*
- 3.2″, 921,000 dot LCD with anti-fog layer* (compared to 3in, 921k-dot)
- Maximum 4fps continuous shooting in FX mode, 6fps in DX mode** (compared to 8fps in FX mode)
- Advanced Scene Recognition System with 91,000 pixel metering sensor* (compared to 1005-pixel)
- ‘Expeed 3′ Image Processing*
- Dual-axis Virtual Horizon (on LCD screen/viewfinder)* (compared to single-axis)
Nice work Nikon!
Nikon D800 Digital SLR Video Hands-On:Tags: D800, Nikon, Nikon D800, Nikon D800 SLR