This is what I believe differentiates Apple from all the other smartphone manufacturers: they design their own hardware, operating system and software which together, delivers a complete enriching user experience. The latest TV ad by Apple, focusing on Siri (Apple voice-command software) demonstrates this.
The Siri advertisement shows how a couple use their iPhone 4S as a useful tool to help them navigate as well as make their little getaway more memorable. And with Siri, they were able to do all this without any typing, just simple intuitive voice commands.
Here are the Siri voice commands they used in this little clip that may also come in handy for your next road trip:
- What’s the best way to Santa Cruz, California?
- Where’s the best BBQ in Kansas City?
- Is there a rodeo in Amarillo today?
- Where are we?
- How big is the Grand Canyon?
- Any gas stations we can walk to?
- What does Orion look like?
- Remind me to do this again.
What we also have to remember is that Siri is still in Beta, which means it’s not official complete and will only get better. Also can’t wait for the release of Siri geo-data for the rest of the world (currently only available in US).
Apple TV Ad: Road Trip (Siri)