What kind of gadget site would this be without a blog post on the upcoming iPad 3? To make it easy for our readers, we thought we’d scour the web for all the latest rumors
and put them all here for one quick easy reference. As mentioned this is a list of rumors – with Apple being Apple, the cat doesn’t really get let out of the bag until announcement day or when they “accidentally” leave test iPhones in bars where news-hungry tech bloggers happen to congregate… 😉
Seriously, I’m keeping an eye on the iPad 3 for personal reasons. The powers that be (aka my two daughters) have taken ownership of both my iPad 1 and iPad 2. Therefore, technically they shouldn’t have a need for another iPad and this one is MINE! That’s also based on the assumption that my wife will continue to enjoy her Kindle Fire for eBook reading…
Enough chatter, here’s a summary of nine of the hottest and possibly most realistic Apple iPad 3 rumors doing the rounds on the web at the moment:
iPad 3 Rumors
1. LTE Capability: this high-speed data network capability (up to 300Mbps download) will of course be only useful in countries that have LTE infrastructure ready to go. Interestingly enough, it will mean that the iPad will get LTE before the iPhone.
2. Retina Display: imagine the iPad having double the screen resolution that it has today? Watching videos and viewing images should be even more a joy
3. Enhanced battery: there’s been word on the street that Apple will be using battery technology that provides an additional 20-30% of use time
4. Thicker shape: the negative side to the improved battery is that more room will be required to accommodate it, resulting in a overall thicker design
5. Improved Camera: I don’t know how Apple got away with only a 0.7 megapixel on the iPad 2. If the next version gets one anything close to the iPhone 4S camera many people will be rejoicing especially those crazy @instagram fans like moi.
6. Siri / iPad Debut: what would be even better than just having Siri on the iPad is having Siri Version 2!
7. Steve Job’s Birthday Announcement Date: The late founder and CEO’s birthday is on the 24th of February. Last year’s announcement of the iPad 2 was on March the 1st. Why not commemorate the great man with an announcement a week earlier – makes sense
8. March Release: given the possible February 24th announcement, a March release has been predicted
9. A6 Quadcore Processor: I don’t see any problems with the current A5 dual core processor in the iPad 2, but an A6 quadcore would be another leap frog move for Apple
Even if half of the list above comes true, it will make the Apple iPad 3 another great tablet.
Sources of iPad 3 Rumors:
If you want to keep up with the latest iPad 3 rumors I also recommend that you add the following sites to your RSS feed:
Please leave a comment below if you hear of more rumors and let us know if you’re also considering getting an iPad 3 when it finally comes out!