Look above to see what just popped into my mailbox from Hong Kong’s premium telecommunications provider, CSL 1010! The HTC Velocity 4G will be Hong Kong’s first 4G LTE phone. Australia’s Telstra, is also using the HTC Velocity 4G to herald the launch of their 4G LTE mobile phone network. From face value, the HTC Velocity 4G looks like an updated version of the HTC HD2!
I’ve been using the CSL 1010 4G LTE USB Modem for around 6 months now, so it’s nice to see a smartphone also finally making its debut on the network. I’ve yet to visit another country where mobile data speeds are as fast as this, nor where data plans are so good value for money.
What better way to further expand the CSL 1010 4G LTE network than by letting loose a device like the HTC Velocity 4G on it. There are very good reasons why both HTC and CSL 1010 decided to unleash the HTC Velocity 4G first – check out the specifications and features below:
HTC Velocity 4G Specifications
- 1.5Ghz dual core processor
- Size: 128.8mm x 67mm x 11.27mm 5.07″ x 2.64″ x 0.44″
- Weight: 163.8 grams
- 4.5″ Display qHD 540 x 960 resolution
- 16GB data storage on board
- 1GB RAM
- MicroSD expansion slot
- 8 Megapixel dual LED flash, F2.2, 28mm wide-angle lens, BSI Sensor
- 1.3 Megapixel front-facing camera
- Internet: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, EDGE, GPRS, 3G, 4G
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA Asia: 850/2100Mhz, Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, LTE 1800MHz
- USB & WiFi tethering
- OS: Android with HTC Sense
- Battery: Lithium Ion Battery 1620mAh
I’ve highlighted the points that really stand out for me. I’m particularly keen to play with the new camera on board the HTC Velocity 4G – 8 Megapixels dual LED flash with a f2.2, 28mm wide-angle lens means that it should be one of the best smartphone cameras performing in low-light conditions as well as take very decent landscape shots. Again, too bad, still at this point in time, there is no @instagram for Android!
From the specs above alone, I’d gladly swap-up my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, especially for the camera and faster data network.
Excited to see CSL 1010 4G LTE mobile network gaining momentum. Here’s hoping that the iPhone 5 will have 4G LTE capability!
What do you think of the HTC Velocity 4G? Your next Android?