Earlier this year, we shared with you Dell’s announcement of the super-slim and lightweight Dell XPS 13 laptop. Today, Dell have announced that it is now available for sale in Australia. For those not wanting to make the jump to Apple MacBook Air, this is one of the best PC ultrabooks around.
The features that I like most about this machine are the gorilla glass 13″ screen, light 1.36kg weight, 6mm at its thinnest point and Intel i7 core processor. Check out the rest of its specs below:
Dell XPS 13 Specifications:
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 1.36kgs[ii]
- 13.3-inch HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
- Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fibre base
- 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive options[viii] with Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[ix]
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
- Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- Built-in 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours of battery lifeiv; 45W AC adaptor
- Dell ProSupport[vi] for business customers, Dell Configuration Services[iii] and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell XPS 13 Australia Press Release
Tags: Dell, Dell Australia, Dell XPS 13, Dell XPS 13 Australia, Dell XPS 13 Availability Australia, Ultrabook, XPS 13, XPS 13 Australia
SYDNEY, Australia, March 13, 2012 – Dell’s highly anticipated, award-winning* XPS 13 laptop – widely acclaimed for its superb craftsmanship, thoughtful design and durability – is now available for customers in Australia. The system was first revealed in January and early buzz about the unit – which features uncompromising performance, extended battery life and Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technology[i] – has been overwhelmingly positive.
“The XPS 13 demands attention, crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package and delivering enterprise-friendly protection and security. It’s the ultimate mobile device,” said Deborah Harrigan, general manager for Dell’s Consumer, Small and Medium Business for Australia and New Zealand.
Underscoring its business-ready features, Sam Burd, Global Vice President of Dell’s Consumer, Small and Medium Business product group said, “The uncompromising XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services – like Dell ProSupport, Trusted Platform Module and Configuration Services[i] – that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments.”
Weighing 1.36 kilograms[ii], the XPS 13 Ultrabook™ cleverly fits leading-edge craftsmanship, high performance computing, and thoughtful design into what is the one of the most compact 13-inch products in its class. With its stunning razor-thin bezel, the XPS 13 maintains a footprint similar to an 11-inch product and features bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass for exceptional durability; a unique, cool-to-the-touch carbon fibre base; and full-size, backlit keyboard for utmost productivity.
A CES 2012 standout, the XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel® Smart Connect Technology[i], which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology allow the XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life.
Business-friendly features for the XPS 13 include:
Dell ProSupport™[vi] is available for Dell business customers and provides end users and IT professionals with remote and on-site technical support for hardware and software needs.
Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
Configuration Services include customising BIOS settings, loading an image, and applying asset tags prior to shipping, streamlining the process of deploying XPS 13 systems to employees wherever they may be located while ensuring consistency throughout the IT environment. [ii]
Pricing and availability:
Starting from AU$1199 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[viii] and 4GB memory[ix], the XPS 13 is available now in Australia via www.Dell.com.au and at Dell Experience Centres in Bondi Junction and Parramatta.
The XPS 13 with an Intel Core i7 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[viii] and 4GB memory[ix] will also be available in Australia at JB Hi Fi stores from Wednesday March 14 from AU$1499.