Only hours ago did Samsung and Google jointly announce the release of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone which runs Google’s latest version of Android (version 4.0) also fondly codenamed “Ice Cream Sandwich”.
Without playing with one, looking at the specs and the demonstration video below, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus looks like a very impressive Android device indeed. The most appealing aspects of the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus for me would have to be the increased screen real estate, both LTE and HSPA+ capability, curvacious slim styling, dual-core processor and a lot of cool enhancements that of course come with Google Android 4.0.
My only real gripe is why Samsung only chose to go with a 1.2GHz dual-core when that has already become the norm and faster processors are already in use? No doubt that Ice Cream Sandwich utilises the processor more efficiently and effectively but as a flagship device why not lead the way with the CPU too?
Anyway, congrats to Samsung for making great efforts to come up with this exquisite Android device! The enhancements by Google with Android 4.0 make this smartphone even more special. The choice for my next Android just got tougher
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Main Features:
- Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Redesigned UI in Android 4.0
- Improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NF support, full web browsing
- Android 4.0 features Software Navigation buttons – brand new
- People App with Google+ Integration among other features
- Redesigned camera with panorama mode, 1080p video, zero-shutter lag, silly faces and background replacement features
- Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone! BOOM that just happened.
- Android Beam uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users with the bump of phones
- All the Google Apps you love from Android Market and GMail to Movie Studio and redesigned Google+ app
- 8.94mm thick, 4.29mm bezel
- LTE and HSPA+ connectivity
- Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November and then rolled out globally
Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Video:
What do you think of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? Getting one?