As most of the world knows by now, Steve Jobs, passed away yesterday. No other man in my time on this planet, has contributed so obviously to the world of technology. The way we use computers and mobile devices has changed forever.
I’m currently reading “The Steve Jobs Way: iLeadership for a New Generation” by J.Elliot & W.Simon which gives insights into the “real” Steve Jobs who was far from perfect. However, the book also highlights the unending passion and drive Steve possessed to accomplish his vision.
The main lessons that I will draw from his life are:
- Make the most of second chances because they can turn out even better than the first time around
- If you have a vision, don’t just believe in it but do everything in your power to make it happen
- Don’t release a product until it meets all of your design principles even if it means delaying release dates
- Even when you become super successful, don’t forget to keep in touch with customers and people who got you there
- Turtlenecks are timeless and I should get some this winter
Steve’s passing away just highlighted the fact that life is indeed short and that we should all make the most of it. It also made me seriously consider what people would remember me by. Going to ensure that I leave the best legacy I can.
RIP Steve Jobs.
I love this tribute logo by Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design student Jonathan Mak: