(Sponsored By Nuffnang)
As many of you know, I’m currently on a short term web project in Hong Kong for one of the world’s largest airlines. Coming from a cool wintery Melbourne to the tail end of summer in Hong Kong has made me really appreciate a particular gadget. This of course is the humble air conditioner.
Other ways I keep cool in this type of weather is stripping down to one of my favourite singlet, shorts and thongs (not G string, I mean the ones you wear on your feet) and grabbing a nice cool drink (see re-enactment photo above). If there’s a pool nearby, expect to hear splashes and yelling of “bombs away!”
With the weather regularly reaching up to 35 degrees and 95% humidity, there’s nothing nicer than coming home to a cool room to de-stress in. I have kids so although I do enjoy having the luxury of an air-conditioned home, the cost that this is putting on the environment that my kids will also hopefully one day enjoy too, weighs on my mind. Thankfully, these days, there are brands like Panasonic who make air conditioners that are energy efficient as well as environmentally friendly so that you don’t have to feel guilty about switching one on.
If you’re new to the world of air conditioners, have no fear. Panasonic have got an informative “Buyer’s Checklist” which helps you in choosing the right air conditioner for you.
Here’s the summarised version below.
Air Conditioner Buyer Checklist:
- Do you need a reverse cycle air conditioner or one that cools only?
- What is the size of the room to be air conditioned?
- Do you have wall or ceiling insulation?
- How big are your windows and what direction do they face?
- How is the capacity size of an air condition unit measured?
- What is Inverter technology?
- What is an Energy Efficiency Rating?
- Will your air conditioner be inside or outside?
- Who will install the air conditioner and costs?
I really like the Panasonic Air Conditioner website because it also features other informative sections such as:
- How Panasonic Air Conditioners Work
- Air Conditioner Calculator
- Information on their Eco Inspired Design
- The Panasonic Air Conditioner Range
Basically it has all that you’ll need for making the best decision when buying an air conditioner this summer. If only they made the grass sway with the wind in the background…it would have added that extra pazazz 😉
Here’s a video about the Panasonic Air Conditioner:
Panasonic Air Conditioner iPhone App:
To make choosing an air conditioner easier for you, Panasonic has launched a convenient new iPhone application. The simple-to-use Air Conditioning Sizing Wizard application allows customers to enter information on their room environment and receive product recommendations. Once you have made your selection, you can access product details, features, images, videos and locate your nearest retailer instantly.
AC Sizing Wizard App features:
- Easy to use intuitive navigation that allows you to find the right Air Conditioner for your needs, and locate your nearest dealer/installer.
- Enter your room environment information including room size, insulation, heating and cooling requirements.
- Scroll through product recommendations based on your requirements, see the main product features, specifications
- You can also find out more about the unique technological advances and built in genius of Panasonic’s Inverter Air Conditioner Range through videos, images and handy hints.
- Once you have chosen the right Air Conditioning unit for your room you can use the ‘Where to Buy’ function to locate your nearest retail outlet or specialist Air Network Installer on Google Maps, or contact Panasonic Customer Care for more information.
You can find more details about it on iTunes:
Panasonic Air Con Competition Details
Great news! You could be the proud owner of your own whizz bang Panasonic Air Con (Value of up to AU$3,000) ! All you need to do is leave a comment below with an answer this question:
“What is the most bizarre thing you have done to keep cool?”
Simple right? Leave your answer by November 25th, 2010 and you could be even cooler than you already are this summer!
Go for it and all the best
Note: This is only open to Australian residents. Here’s the link to the T&Cs:
See Nuffnang’s Link: