As some of you know, I’ve reviewed a couple of iPhone GPS apps over the last couple of months but my favourite is CoPilot.
Recently, I also reviewed the Android version and was elated with the even speedier performance I experienced, using it on the HTC Desire.
Why I Like CoPilot Live
While there are some GPS apps that come close to CoPilot Live, I personally like the layout and feel of the user interface. CoPilot Live has the best balance of map detail, route accuracy and calculation, customisable trip status displays, location sharing and services and music integration.
Here’s a great review comparing CoPilot versus TomTom – it reinforces my thoughts above.
Features of the CoPilot Live
- Full spoken turn-by-turn voice directions
- Detailed street maps of Australia and New Zealand
- Clear 3D and 2D driving views with SmartZoom™ speed-variable zoom and street names
- Navigate to a house number, street, intersection or address book contact
- Automatic portrait and landscape display switching
- Comprehensive multi-stop pre-trip planning and preview
- Route optimizer works out the best way around multiple stops
- Intelligent navigation provides guidance in tunnels and underpasses
- Automatic day/night modeNavigate to thousands of Points of Interest
- Lane indicator & CoPilot ClearTurn™ provides a more realistic view of motorway exits and junctions
- Real Signpost display matches real-life signs
- LiveLink™ location sharing and messaging: keep track of your CoPilot friends, live on-screen!
- Live 5 day weather forecast for your location or destination
- Huge range of customization features to suit the way you travel
- Customized trip status displays, including ETA, distance remaining and more
- In-app purchases for premium Live services
- In-app purchase for Text to speech voice instructions
- … and much more
We Have Three CoPilot Live Licenses to Giveaway!
ALK, the makers of CoPilot Live, want others to also experience their award-winning GPS app. They have provided us with THREE licenses of Copilot Live (for either iPhone or Android) to giveaway!
To have your chance to own CoPilot Live on your device you need to do three things:
- Tweet the competition: “@mr_gadget I want a CoPilot Live satnav app! http://bit.ly/CoPilot_Live_app”
- Follow @copilotlive_au on Twitter
- Answer the question in the comments section below: “What feature would you love to see on a smartphone satnav app, and why?” Make sure you leave your Twitter name at the end too!
The competition will run for two weeks starting from today (27th July 2010) and will close on Tuesday 10th August 2010. Winners will be announced on Wednesday 11th August, 2010.
Unfortunately this is only open to Australians.
Go for it!No tags for this post.