In a move to finally combat against Apple’s growing share in the smartphone market (both phone and software-wise), Microsoft has created their own AppStore that is ready to take submissions via:
Windows Mobile App Store Requirements for Developers:
- Get a Live ID. Dont have a Live ID? Signing up is easy!
- Sign the application provider agreement
- Create your profile Provide us with personal contact info.
- Provide company information We’ll need your business information, such as tax identification numbers and a bank account to establish your vendor account. This should come from an authorized officer of your company, or the individual bank account holder.
- Pay annual subscription fee Get great benefits for just $99 Plus taxes, if applicable
Like Apple’s App Store, the Windows Mobile App Store will be the one-stop shop for all Windows Mobiles apps managed by Microsoft. And of course, it’s logical that future releases will allow customers to purchase anywhere there is a data connection with “one-click”. Apparently, it will be called Skymarket.
Should be interesting to see how long-time 3rd party developers will react to this new model given, they’ve been selling direct to the public for many years.
Via SolsieTags: app store, microsoft, Skymarket, windows mobile, Windows Mobile App Store