CalliGrapher® is an award winning natural handwriting recognition software that supports all handwriting styles – cursive, PRINT or MIXed. In addition to handwriting recognition, CalliGrapher offers PenCommander (an easy-to-use PC navigation tool), ink color selection and customizable ink width, and a “Quick Correct” window for fast correction as the user writes.
CalliGrapher analyzes pen strokes written in any application window or on the designated Write Pad area, converts the pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to a target application. CalliGrapher recognizes arbitrary alphanumeric strings as well as words from its integrated dictionary.
CalliGrapher also offers a comprehensive spell checker for all applications on your mobile device. The application also includes PenCommander – a utility that allows users to create and execute command scripts by simply writing a word command and drawing a circle around it. CalliGrapher gives you the freedom to enter information quickly and efficiently into your mobile device.
Try it for FREE today: CalliGrapher
Features of Phatware Calligrapher:
- Optimized to work with the latest Microsoft Windows Mobile Powered Pocket PCs and Smartphones with touchscreen (such as Palm 700w)
- Write Pad Soft Input Panel (SIP)
- Write Anywhere SIP
- Improved handwriting recognition engine reliably recognizes cursive, print or mixed handwriting
- Ready to go without training
- Seamlessly integrates with most Pocket PC applications.
- Includes Spell Checker with customizable user dictionary
- Includes PenCommander
- Includes Auto Corrector
- Includes CalliGrapher Statistical Analyzer
- Provides enhanced handwriting recognition engine
- Includes Configuration Manager allows a user to create and modify multiple CalliGrapher configurations
- Includes full on-screen keyboard with 10 pre-defined layouts and auto-complete feature
- Includes customizable on-screen 24-button keyboard
- Includes customizable toolbar
- Provides multilingual support: English (included with CalliGrapher); Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish, Language Packs sold separately.
- Supports ink color selection and customizable ink width
- Allows customizable recognition margins
- Allows enhanced screen orientation
- Allows separate letter mode
- Incorporates Quick Correct window and advanced text editing features
- Optimized to work with the latest Windows CE-based Pocket PCs
- CalliGrapher works on all new Pocket PC 2003/2003SE/2005 devices and supports Windows Mobile 5.0.
- Write Anywhere Soft Input Panel: Allows users to write anywhere on the screen. The recognized digital text is inserted into the foreground application at the current cursor location.
- Write Pad Soft Input Panel: Allows users to write on the designated Write Pad area. The handwritten text is immediately recognized and the recognition result is displayed before the digital text is inserted into the foreground application. The Write Pad SIP also offers advanced editing and support for RiteCalc, PenCommander, Auto Corrector, and Statistical Analyzer.
- Customizable and full screen pop-up keyboards: You can choose any characters, punctuation signs, or navigation buttons to appear on a 24-key customizable keyboard. CalliGrapher also features an on screen pop-up keyboard to give users added input flexibility.
- Includes Spell Checker with User Dictionary: Spelling can be checked in any document containing text, whether it originated from your handwriting, the keyboard or another document. You can extend the recognition system with proper names and custom words.
- CalliGrapher Statistical Analyzer (CSA): Improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If CSA is enabled, CalliGrapher will learn as you use it; the more you use it the faster it learns. When enough data is accumulated, CalliGrapher will attempt to automatically fix common recognition errors.
- PenCommander: PenCommander is a new feature in CalliGrapher, which allows you to launch pre-recorded, user-defined commands (PenCommands). PenCommander features are available only while CalliGrapher is in Recognition mode.
- Multilingual support: CalliGrapher allows handwriting recognition in multiple languages. While handwriting recognition in English is supported by CalliGrapher natively, support for other languages is provides though additional language packs, which are sold separately.
- New in Calligrapher 8.4:
- 1. The “Enable Digital Ink Filter” option (Options/General): The new ink filter has been added to compensate for touch screen sensitivity imperfections which may also improve recognition quality on devices with screen protection film.
- 2. The “Show Icon on Today screen” option (Options/General): It may be useful to access CalliGrapher from the today screen, especially to execute a PenCommand. If this option is selected, the CalliGrapher icon will appear at the bottom of the today screen.
- 3. The “Static word segmentation” option (Configuration/Recognizer): Try using CalliGrapher with this option checked and unchecked to find the most suitable word segmentation algorithm for your handwriting style.
Latest posts by Arnold Aranez (see all)
- Transformers 4 : Age of Extinction Trailer - March 10, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced at MWC 2014 - February 25, 2014
- Samsung “Unpacked” Event Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona Tomorrow - February 24, 2014