Apple iPod Shuffle is priced well and incredibly easy to use, Apple have skimped on what some audiophiles may consider, important must-have features. Sandisk look ready to capitalise in this battle by enticing consumers with iPod Shuffle's missing pieces thus providing:
- Four-line indigo backlit LCD that displays song titles and artist names,
- Digital FM radio with 20 presets,
- Integrated voice recorder with built-in microphone and,
- Uses single AAA with up to 15 hours of playback time.
On the other hand, noteworthy pluses for the iPod Shuffle are:
- Recharged via USB (lasts 12 hours),
- 8.4mm thin and,
- Built-in USB connector.
At the end of the day, they are both superb MP3 players but given all the extra features for a similar price, I choose the Sandisk Digital Audio MP3 Player! Sorry Apple!
Sandisk Digital Audio MP3/WMA Player Product Information:
The Sandisk Digital Audio MP3/WMA Player is a small, portable player that uses embedded flash memory instead of a rotating hard drive and plays for up to 15 continuous hours on a single AAA battery. The new Digital Audio Players combine crystal-clear sound with a sleek design and sport a three-button/one-joystick design and easy-to-navigate user interface. The Sandisk Digital Audio Player features MP3, Windows Media file and Windows Media-based DRM file playback, FM radio and voice recording and can double as a USB data storage device.
- Plays MP3, WMA, and WMA DRM
- Digital FM tuner with 20 preset stations
- Voice Recorder with built-in microphone
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port for fast and easy transfer of files
- Up to 15 hours continuous playback using one AAA battery (included)
- Indigo backlit multi-line LCD display
Contents of the Sandisk Digital Audio MP3/WMA Player:
- Digital Audio Player
- Carrying case with armband
- Stereo Earphones
- AAA Alkaline Battery
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- CD with Musicmatch Jukebox Software, User Guide, and Windows 98E Driver.
- 2.96" x 1.28" x .82" (L x W x H) 75.2mm x 32.8mm x 20.8mm
- 28.9g (w/o battery)39.7g (w/ battery)
System Requirements of the Sandisk Digital Audio Player:
- Windows 98SE, 2000, ME, XP; Mac OS 9.2.x+, 10.1.2+
- Compatible with MP3, WMA, and WMA DRM (purchased music)
- Intel Pentium PC or equivalent; Macintosh computer with USB support- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0 port required for Hi-Speed transfer
Get your Sandisk MP3 Player from Mr.Gadget Australia!
(We'll be getting our first batch early this month)